Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Assorted Thoughts

There are several things I could write about, but I don't feel like turning any of them into full length posts right now. Here are some of my thoughts on the world championships, the upcoming NBA season, and video games.

I watched the USA vs. France exhibition game on Sunday. Team USA won, and they did it fairly easily, but it wasn't pretty. If Team USA expects to make a noise against the real heavy hitters like Spain and Greece, they have to play A LOT better. France was without Tony Parker, Roddy Beaubois, Mickael Pietrus, and Joakim Noah. The USA should have pulverized France. Yet they didn't. They have no big men, most of the team is very inexperienced, and unless some drastic changes are made, Spain is going to stomp a mudhole in their a**es and walk it dry.

The season hasn't even started yet, and reports are already stating that Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans, and Carmelo Anthony wants out of Denver. Chris Paul isn't going anywhere, whether he likes it or not. He won't be a free agent next summer, so New Orleans can hold onto him even if he throws a fit. They can deal him next year. Carmelo is an idiot for not immediately signing the extension that the Nuggets offered him. No one knows what the new collective bargaining agreement will look like, but it's probably not going to be as player friendly as the one they're under now. Take the money Melo!

I recently dusted off my copy of NBA 2K7 for my PS2. I'm playing in association mode, which basically lets you be the GM of a team, as well as play all of the games. Of course I had to create myself as a 7'2" 280 lb. center with a 99 rating. Making enough trades to get the Mavs below the salary cap so I could sign myself took a long time. But I pulled it off.

Well there's my excuse for a blog post. Maybe I'll have more coherent thoughts next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment